In order to allow the ports to fully contribute to economic development, to promote commercial exchange and to optimally serve the users of each port, the OMMP initiated a vast program of port development and reform complying with the policy of freeing the maritime sector, with the ever growing competition and with the disengagement of the port authority from competitive activities.
This new organization is finalized to guarantee to our customers :
- Competitiveness of services provided to ships and goods
A FLEXIBLE AND INCENTIVE LEGISLATION
Through the promulgation of the new Code of Maritime Commercial Ports, making provision, on the one hand, for the introduction of the system of concession of the public domain and port equipments with or without obligation of the public service for a duration of 30 to 50 years and on the other hand, for the restructuring of the system of recruitment of dockers, the Tunisian commercial ports desire to meet the real requirements of the economic mutations that entailed major changes in the sector of maritime transport for packaging, stevedoring and logistic traitment of foreign exchanges.
INVESTMENTS ADAPTING TO THE NEEDS OF PORT AND MARITIME TRAFFIC
The new tendance of International maritime trafic needs investments such as :
- The construction of new terminal and tourist village deaded for cruises by the private sector in the port of La Goulette
- The dradging of all the ports to receive ships bigger vessel .
- The reinforcement of ageing infrastructures .
- Planning the servicing of an economic and logistic activity area – ZAEL granted to B.O.T.
- The acquisition of modern security equipment
- The renewal of naval support units (patrol boats Piloting)
A MODERN AND EVOLUTIVE ORGANIZATION
Through the adoption of a policy based on the “ISO” standards of certification, the realization of a vast training program covering the whole of the port population and concerning all activity sectors, the intensification of the relations of cooperation, partnership and collaboration with the various international port institutions and organizations, and the rational use of new technologies in the port management by simplifying the procedures of implementation of a digital data exchange system, the OMMP hopes to make a quality bond in the field of port modernization in order to remain attentive to the needs of its customers and partners.