Within the framework and the application of the decisions of the ministérial council of January 26th 2017 relating to the creation of the deep water port Enfidha, the Office of the Merchant navy and the ports has following the launched invitation to tender for the month of February 2017 , signed on the 22th of september 2017 a contract with grouping SELLHORN/HPC having for object:
- The actualization of the market study and the economic studies and financial realized during the period going from 2006 to 2010.
- A preparation of a CAD in in EPC or EPCF for the realization of the phase1 project.
The meeting concerning the launching of the study was held on October2nd, 2017 .
The duration of the study is planned for three months counts not held of approval times.
At the end of 2017th December, the first phase of the study was completed and the steering committee is currently conducting the results validation process.
It is expected that the second stage will be completed during the 2018th of February. Also, a series of working sessions will be held in the second half of 2018th January with grouping SELLHORN/HPC .
THE PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE PORT CREATION :
- To fulfill the requirements of the country economic development .
- To modernize the harbour infrastructure by the the creation of a new generation’s wearing.
- To create a synergy between the port and the economic activities zones and the area logistics with also the industrial area.
- To make of Tunisia a regional and international platform of trade and services thus allowing the line production development of Tunisia and to open more on the external world by the encouragement of the logistic and industrial activities in Tunisia while benefitting from integration from the various Transport modes which are nearby the area.
- Important potential of job creation direct and indirect employement.
ADVANTAGES OF ENFIDHA PORT SITE
The choice of the Enfidha site is the result of a multicriterion study taking into account :
- Proximity of the principal intercontinental maritmime lines.
- Excellent road and railway terrestrial accessibility and the site is to 100 km of Tunis and 170km of Sfax by the motorway.
- Important land availa bility for creation of the Port and ZAEL with contiguous industrial area.
- Depth of the access channels out of deep waters to -19m.
COMPONENTS OF ENFIDHA PORT
Harbour complex ENFIDHA PORT to be developed on 3000 ha includes: The port with its components on 1000 ha envisaged to be realize on two phases and the economic and logistic zone on 2000ha.
The 2017 actualisation of the market study and the economic and financial studies realised from 2006 to 2010 have found the following results :
only two phases for the port’s plan development
- Phase 1 : 2000 ml container terminal
- Phase 2 : 400 ml container terminal
And planing a third phase : the expansion’s program with the development of Enfidha port activity.
Only the realization of the container terminal in its phase 1 is to be currently considered :
Phase 1a: 1200 ml Containers terminal
Estimated during works : 3 years
Estimated starting works : 2019
Exploitation of the phase 1a port : 2022
Phase 1b: 800 ml Containers terminal
Estimated during works : 2 years
Estimated starting work : 2022
Exploitation of the phase 1b port : 2024
At the end of phase 1, we will have : 2000 ml
The main Dimentional characteristics of new port (phase1)
|Channel of access of width||350m|
|Circle turning principal, diameter||900m|
|Wet dock of width||500m|
|Wet dock of width||500m|
|Quay container terminal||2000 ml|
|Grounds full area||110 ha|
FINANCING OF THE PROJECT : LANDLORD
Mode LANDLORD privileges the private public partnership in terms of investment and risk management divided between
Public Sector : 60%
- Works of protection
- Wall of berth
Private Sector : 40%
- Installation and earth berth levels
ESTIMATED PHASING OF REALIZATION TERMINALS CONTAINER ENFIDHA PORT
|Phases||Components : Container terminal||Beginning estimated construction||Entry into Operation estimated|
ABOUT THE STRUCTURE TO BE SET UP TO FOLLOW UP ON THE PROJECT
During the ministerial meeting held on 2017th November 14, a public facility was established to oversee the completion of the deep water port at Enfidha. The company’s draft order was prepared for the purpose and will be published incessantly.