Privileged by its strategic position on the axis of maritime access GIBRALTAR-SUEZ, its proximity to Southern Europe and the boom of the industrial estates in the region (Menzel Bourguiba, Menzel Jemil and Utique), the business park of Bizerte (former free zone) and the natural, historical and archaeological picturesque sites, the port of Bizerte-Menzel Bourguiba is called upon to play a predominant role in the socio-economic and cultural development of the city of Bizerte and its back country.
Thus, between a strategic maritime position and the developed terrestrial accesses, the port provides to industrialists, investors and tourist professionals an essential commercial tool for conquering Europe and the Mediterranean market.
- A RICH AND DIVERSIFIED BACK COUNTRY
- Surface area : 375000 hectares.
- Number of inhabitants: 516.390 inhabitants.
- Industry :
- 9 industrial estates with a surface area of 172.5 ha.
- Business park (former free zone): 51 ha.
- Number of industrial firms: 533.
- Agriculture :
- Surface area of cultivable land: 330800 ha (88.2%).
- Annual average pluviometry: 625 mm
- Hydraulic resources: 590 million m3
- 3 large dams: Joumine/Sejenene/Ghzala
- Fishery :
- Length of sea coasts: 250 km
- 5 fishing ports
- 1397 fishing crafts
- Main industries :
- Oil refining
- Metallurgical industry
- Cement works
- Mechanical, electric, food processing, textile and leather industries .
- Main natural, historical and archaeological sites:
- Bays of Bizerte, Ichkeul (listed worldwide as an ancient monument) and Ghar el Melh
- Isle of Jalta with the beauty of its natural landscape and its fish stocks
- The “Cap Blanc”, northernmost point of Africa
- The old Roman port
- The archaeological site of Utique .
- COMPETITIVE LOGISTICS
- CONSIDERABLE ADVANTAGES
- Total surface area of the site: 74 Ha 39 are 57 Ca.
- Water surface area: 161 Ha.
- Average depth: 10m
- The access to the commercial docks and to the basin of Menzel Bourguiba is by way of a channel crossed by a movable bridge and offers a passage of 75m wide with a draft of 13m
- Easy access to the motorway situated at 1.5 km from the port and linking Bizerte to the rest of the country. The railroad network of the port is exclusively with normal-gauge track. It is linked to the station of the National Tunisian Railroad Company. This track gives access to the port’s hinterland.
- Supporting equipment
DOCKING WORKS : BIZERTE
ACCEPTABLE LENGTH & DRAUGHTOF QUAYS
- The creation of a dock for cruise passengers in the south-board of the port .
- The extension of covered surfaces with 1000m2.
- Study and Redeveloping the oil post.
- The reservation of a specialized post for the company “El Fouledh” towards 2015.
- The reservation of a specialized dock for the free zone, 200m long and 12m deep.
A SECURED PORT
The port of Bizerte/Menzel Bourguiba acquired important fire-fighting equipment with the presence of 2 high-sea tug boats of 3600hp each, containment material and hydrocarbon salvage equipment.
Continuing training is given to port personnel so as to prepare them for rapid intervention in case of accident.
Thus, and in accordance with the new IMO regulations, the port of Bizerte is complying with the recommendations of the ISPS code in matters of security and safety.
With its four dry docks on the lake of Bizerte and their installations and access workshops spreading over 50 ha of permanent structure, about 50.000m2 of which are covered, this shipyard is called upon to play an important role in the development of naval repair and construction in the Mediterranean basin. This shipyard has real advantages compared to the other shipyards of the northern shore of the Mediterranean, owing to its skilled labour and to widely competitive costs.
The business park
There exists a business park (former free zone) with two sites, one in Bizerte and the other in Menzel Bourguiba. The essential vocation of this zone is to become an inter-Mediterranean multisectoral distribution centre.
The port of Bizerte/Menzel Bourguiba is a multipurpose port with direct access to the sea and marine depths through an access channel with a depth of up to 17 meters. The average traffic of goods generated by the port of Bizerte amounts to 5 millions of tons per year.
The port of Bizerte/Menzel Bourguiba offers very attractive advantages for carriers of non-unit general goods, proposing reductions of 50% on all services provided.
The management of the port of Bizerte/Menzel Bourguiba also proceeded to the suppression of additional charges for night work and work on Sundays and during holidays and applied a reduction of 50% on the tariffs of all its handling equipment in order to encourage work 24 hours a day, seven days a week and to allow a better fluidity of the port traffic.
Moreover, the proximity of the railroad network, the easy and rapid access to the motorway Tunis-Bizerte and the expressway Menzel Bourguiba-Bizerte, and the proximity of the airport Tunis-Carthage (at 60 km) confer upon the site of Bizerte-Menzel Bourguiba all the assets of a modern port.
In addition to the 520 linear meters of ordinary docks, the port of Bizerte-Menzel Bourguiba comprises 5 docks that are specialized in the handling of hydrocarbons, cereals, steel, cement and clinker and metallurgic products …
|Tug boats||"Raf-Raf"||3600 cv||1|
|Tug boats||"Joumine"||3600 cv||1|
|Patrol boats||"La Gazelle"||–||1|
|Oil jetty A||250||10,67|
|Oil jetty B||150||8.25|
|Warehouse 2 (Harbour station)||780|
|Warehouse 3 (Material of security and struggle against the pollution)||445|
|Warehouse 4 (Material of security and struggle against the pollution)||270|
|Warehouse 5 (dedicated to the douane)||300|
Zone out customers
|6 Identical Warehouse||2.700 (450*6)|
|Warehouse OXY dock||228|
DOCKING WORKS :MENZEL BOURGUIBA
|South Dock||150||9,50||35’ 02 ’’|
|Honour Dock||100||5||16’ 05’’|
|North jetty N°2||150||7,60||24’ 11’’|
|South jetty N°2||150||6,70||22’|
|Cement Dock||180||10,50||34’ 06’’|
- The master plan (horizon 2020) recommends:
Adress : 6, Russie street – 7000 Bizerte – Tunisie
Phone : (216) 72.433.748 /72.436.355
Fax (216) 72.433.686
E-mail : email@example.com
Download the request form Click here
LINKING THE REGULAR LINES BIZERTE PORT FOR CONTAINER TRAFFIC
|N||Armateur||Agent Maritime||Itinéraire||Entrepreneur de manutention||Fréquence de touchée|
|1||EVER GREEN||SIRENE MARITIME||TURQUIE- CHINE- BIZERTE||STUMAR||2 fois/mois|
|2||SEA WAVE||MTL||TURQUIE- EGYPTE- LIBIE- ALGERIE- BIZERTE||STUMAR||3 fois/mois|
|3||MTL||MTL||ESPAGNE- MAROC- BIZERTE||STUMAR||2 fois/mois|
|4||M.E.D.CON||GENMAR||BIZERTE- TURQUIE||STUMAR||2 fois/mois|
|5||CMA-CGM||SIRENE MARITIME||BIZERTE- MALTE||STUMAR||1 fois/mois|
|6||MED-EXPRESS||SGC||TURQUIE- BIZERTE||STAM||1 fois/mois|