The commercial port of Gabes, the activity of which is characterized by an industrial purpose, is essentially intended for the transit of chemical products on behalf of the neighboring factories set up in the industrial estate of Gabès.
This bulk traffic comprises above all sulphur and ammonia for import and phosphoric acid and phosphate fertilizer for export.
- Basins: The man-made lake of the port (80 Ha) in 2 basins:
- An outer basin of 50 Ha : Depth 12.5
- An inner basin of 30 Ha. : Depth 10.5
- DOCKING WORKS:
THE ACCESS CHANNEL
- Length 1,74 miles = 3,22 Km
- depth 13.5 metres = 44’33”
MATERIAL (PORT EQUIPMENTS)
- 1 Caillard cranes of 20 T (buckets and hooks)
- 2 pneumatic lifting geans of 43 and 63 T
- Loading arm for LPG
- Suction gantry 300T/H .
- Charger 300 T/H
- Charger 500 T/H
- Ammonia arm
- A northern wall with a length of 2820m.
- A southern wall with a length of 1460m.
MEANS OF ACCESS
- The port is served to the North and to the South by the RN1 highway.
- To the West, the RN5 and the RN6 highways link the port to Gafsa and Kebili.
- Two main gates give access to the port, and five secondary gates give access to the neighboring plants.
- The North-South line of the SNCFT ends in Gabès. The same line is linked to the Sfax-Gafsa line.
- The cereal post is served by a rail track.
- Posts 9 and 10 are served by a rail track.
Description Surface (m²) Observations Hangar 4000 2100m2 are occupied by the Cereal Office. At post 4 is a transit silo with a capacity of 30,000T of cereals.
- Covered platforms: 5 Ha.
- Uncovered platforms: 10 Ha.
- Build an oil post.
- Build post n° 11.
ACCEPTABLE LENGTH & DRAUGHT OF QUAYS
|Tug boats||Tacapes : 3400 cv
Ib El fourat : 1600 cv
|Patrol boats||AL Khalij : 300 cv|
Docking is provided by 3 boats owned by 3 companies duly approved by the OMMP.
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY OF THE PORT
To reinforce its role in supporting and promoting local industry ,the master plan recommends to:
Adress : Direction of port of Gabes BP 65 – 6000 Gabes – Tunisie
Phone :(216) 75.270.373
Fax (216) 75.274.855
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org