The port of Radès occupies an important place in the national transport chain by virtue of its specialization in container traffic and rolling units (mainly trailer traffic). Thus, the port of Radès ensures 21% of the overall traffic, 79% of the tonnage of containerized goods, 76% of the tonnage of goods loaded in rolling units, 76% of EVP container traffic, 80% of the traffic of rolling units and 18% of the traffic of ships registered in the whole of the Tunisian commercial ports.
A COMPETITIVE PORT
- Terminal specialized in containers and rolling units.
- Specialized berthes
- THE ACCESS CHANNEL
- Length 3,5 miles = 6,3 Km
- depth 12 metres = 39’04”
- IN TUNE WITH TECHNOLOGICAL EVOLUTIONS
- The canal basin covering a surface of 63.6 hectares separates the port installations of the northern bank from those of the southern bank. This basin, initially dredged at -11.5 meters, comprises:
- A turning circle exterior to the central basin, with a diameter of 370 meters, dredged at -12 meters, is fitted out below the port’s access channel
- A turning circle with a diameter of 300 meters is located at the level of specialized dock posts of the southern bank.
- The access to the terminal goes through the main basin of the port of La Goulette and then through a channel dredged at -12 meters and with head room of 42 meters.
- The terminal basin: the man-made lake of the terminal basin has a surface of 80 ha and a turning circle of 430 meters.
The basin is dredged at -10.50 meters.The Customs-controlled zone of the container and RO-RO terminal of the port of Radès has a surface of 48ha, comprising 6 hangars with a total surface of 50ha, 3ha of which are warehouses.
- Means of access:
- Road access:
The port of Radès is linked to the hinterland and to the industrial estates of Tunis-Megrine-Ben Arous by the road MC33, linked in its turn to the motorway Tunis-M’saken by the highway RN1 at less than 10km from the port.
- Railroad access:
The container terminal as well as the specialized posts are linked to the railroad network by means of mixed tracks (metric and normal).
- Handling material:
- 5 pneumatic cranes
- Container terminal material:
- 22 lifting tackles
- 10 reach-stackers
- 46 RO-RO trucks
- Support material:
- 2 tug boats (3200, 1600 HP)
- 3 patrol boats (Piloting)
- Mooring boats
- Cleaner boat
- INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Arrangement of the ” the princess ” grounds of 40 ha.
- Officies arrangement for customs services and technical inspection.
- Installation of video surveillance system.
- Study of arrangement of the quay ” EX-dangerous ”
- Works of construction of the quay “Multi – vrac”
- Works of dredging of the ponds of the ports’s bearings of Radès and Goulette.
- Creation of a Logistic Activity Zone within 50 ha near the containers’s terminal.
- Extension of the quay N ° 7 within the framework of BOT concession’s contract.
Located on the southern bank of the Tunis canal, the port of Radès is the geographical extension of the port of La Goulette, located on the north-eastern Tunisian coast at 36°40’ latitude and 10°10’ longitude.
The commercial port of Radès comprises two terminals:
ACCEPTABLE LENGTH & DRAUGHT OF QUAYS
Apart from the investments to be realized by the port authorities, the strategy for the development of the port of Radès offers the opportunity to private and public investors of realizing port works within the framework of concessions.
Besides,it is planified the servicing of an economic and logistic activity area – ZAEL granted to B.O.T.
The realized projects:
The projects in progress:
The planned projects:
LINKING THE REGULAR LINES RADES PORT FOR CONTAINER TRAFFIC
|N||Armateur||Agent Maritime||Itinéraire||Fréquence de touchée|
|1||SEAGO LINE||MAERSK TUNISIA||MALTA – RADES||1 fois/semaine|
|2||MSC||MSC TUNISIE||GIOA TAURO-RADES||1 fois/semaine|
|3||CMA CGM||CMA TUNISIE||MALTA-RADES||1 fois/semaine|
|4||WHITE LINE||MCTC||VALENCE-RADES-ANNABA-SKIKDA-ALGER||1/15 Jours|
|5||X-PRESS FEEDERS||ALL SEAS SHIPPING AGENCY||VALENCIA-ALGECIRAS-TANGER-RADES||1 fois/semaine|
|8||CMA CGM||CMA TUNISIE||MARSEILLE-RADES||2 fois/semaine|
|9||DSDF SEAWAYS||SOCOTU||MARSEILLE-RADES||2 fois/semaine|
|10||MESSINA LINE||Messina Tunisie||GENOVA-SALERNO-RADES||1 fois/semaine|
|11||EVERGREEN||Green Tunisie||PIRAEUS-BIZERTA-RADES||1/15 Jours|
Adress : Administrative building 2040 Rades– Tunisie
Phone : (216) 71.449.300
Fax (216) 71.449.263
E-mail : email@example.com